Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Document contained in Service Records

asgaard

Hi,

I wasn't sure where to put this and please delete/move if it is not appropriate for here; I found this document when saving my great great uncle Frederick W Hogton's service record. He was KIA on 26th October 1914 at Ypres. However, the document is dated 3rd September 1918 and is related to orders for the 6th batt KRRC. There are some names on there and information as to where they are, I presume on that date.

I hope this will be of interest to someone.

post-37321-0-08146900-1310221981.jpg

It appears to have been misfiled - a not uncommon occurrence. It would have some relevance to the service records of all named. Antony

I have had a few where paper has been re-used, with information like that on the back of the correctly filed document. Always interesting.

Keith

I have had a few where paper has been re-used, with information like that on the back of the correctly filed document. Always interesting. Keith

Agreed Ive seen hundreds of examples of the re-use of paper over the years, in both ORs filmed records and Officers original paper records.

Tom

Good point. What are the sheets next to it, either side? Same sized piece of paper? Antony

Looking again at the service record of Fred It would appear the paper is the same size, as there is at least one letter contained within the file that has the same ragged bottom edge.

I am pleased that this document has proved interesting.