Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

War Walks: Professor Richard Holmes

CarylW

I thought I had these recorded on VHS but couldnt find them when searching recently, so thanks for the link. If this weather doesnt improve something to do this weekend.

Regards,

Jonathan S

Thanks Caryl. Having watched the selection it struck me how 'watchable and listenable' his documentaries were. Mesmerising! It put me in mind of the great David Attenborough

Thanks Caryl - much appreciated.

Jim

Thanks Caryl - much appreciated.

Indeed - many thanks Caryl. Just wonderful to watch and re watch....

Judy

a great piece of television, would love to own these, are they able to be purchased on dvd in the uk ?,

kind regards,

John.

I don't think they are available on DVD. I have them on my hard drive after having them copied from the original VHS tapes and the quality is as good as shown above.

• 8 months later...

Thanks Caryl,

By the way, I'm interested in looking at the training pamphlet he quotes from at the 2.55 minute mark. Can anyone identify it for me so that I can try and find a copy please.

Jamie.

The YouTube link in the original post no longer works because of the termination of the account of the person who uploaded the videos (may have been terminated for another reason but all videos uploaded by them would be automatically removed) Search for "Richard Holmes" on YouTube and most of them appear, uploaded by other account holders. Can't seem to find any mention online of any of the walks released to DVD, which is a pity

Caryl

I looked for the DVD and couldn't find it. If enough of us contact the original producer we may persuade them to publish. It always surprised me that they weren't issued as a boxed set when they were first shown.