Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

the brooding soldier

jwp2007

another card by anthony from my collection showing their shop during the great war,hope this is of interest,

john.

Very interesting photos, the first time I have seen the actual studio. When Aurel reads this perhaps he will be able to identify the location in Ypres, the city was indeed fortunate to have a photographer devoted to recording its history during the Great War. Here in Bristol UK we also have such a man who published his collection as many themed books which are extremely popular and the rarer ones command high prices. One hopes that it will not be long before "Anthony" is treated in the same way.

Reece Winstone

Regards

Norman

Norman,

If I had the e-mail address of the heiresses and the owners of copyright, I would give it ...

Or maybe I wouldn't. For your attempts would not be successful, I'm afraid.

The fact that this book was possible is already a small miracle.

Aurel

Aurel

Whilst the image from the film still is a bit grainy, it doesn't look like the photographer is one of the Antony brothers.

Thanks for posting the photo.

Chris

Norman,

Location of the former Antony photo studio : Boterstraat, southside, approx. 150 meters from the market square. Corner Boterstraat and Paterstraat.

Now : Mobistar.

Aurel

• 2 weeks later...

Ref Post 17, just to update members on the progress or lack of it following my email to In Flanders Fields Museum. Regretfully this place has confirmed my opinion of it by yet again failing to respond to what I feel was a perfectly reasonable request for information. You would have thought that the very least that could be expected would be an acknowledgement that they has received my request, but no yet again they chosen to ignore it. I would certainly recommend giving this place a miss and going instead to the museum in Zonnebeke which in my opinion is one of the very best of its type on the Western Front.

Regards

Norman