Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Andy Robertshaw at Caterham Valley Library, 3/6/11

Bob Chandler

Just wondering if any other GWF members are going next Friday as although I've been a member myself for quite a while now, I've yet to meet up with any others. Looking for a chance to wear my badge!

Ticket details etc -

http://www.surrey.gov.uk/sccwebsite/sccwspages.nsf/LookupWebPagesByTITLE_RTF/Andy+Robertshaw+-+Ghosts+on+the+Somme+at+Caterham+Valley+library?opendocument

All the best

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Bob, I'm hoping to go if my work allows. I live nearby. I don't have a badge but am thinking of bringing my model. I'll look for some one wearing a GWF badge!

Andy

Bob, I'm hoping to go if my work allows. I live nearby. I don't have a badge but am thinking of bringing my model. I'll look for some one wearing a GWF badge!

Andy

I'm also going to try and get there but time could be against me as I don't finish work in Epsom till 6.15.

I'll look out for you guys if I make it !

Roger

Just got back from Caterham, what an interesting and thought-provoking evening. Forgot to wear my badge (came straight from work) and couldn't hang around afterwards unfortunately due to other commitments, but am still up for meeting up with other forum members in Surrey area a bit later in the year (after me hols). Had time for a quick look at your model though Andy, fantastic - I was tall bloke with beard (or 'one of the blokes with a beard', as my wife said!!) :)

All the best

Bob

Andy Robertshaw is a good speaker and kept my attention through his talk. If you get the chance to hear him, take it.

Sorry Bob, I can't remember which bearded guy you were! But thanks for informing me about the talk which I would have missed without your advert for it. Please introduce yourself next time!

Andy

I'm also going to try and get there but time could be against me as I don't finish work in Epsom till 6.15.

I'll look out for you guys if I make it !

Roger

Didn't make it - left work in Epsom just after 6 .15 but the traffic coming from the races was just too heavy for me to get there on time so I had to abort the mission ! Does anyone know whether Andy Robertshaw will be repeating the talk anywhere in the Surrey or Greater London area. I know he did the same talk in Camberley in May.

Roger