Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Civil Service Rifles Association

Tim Godden

Dear all,

Is anyone aware of a Civil Service Rifles Association that existed or still exists? Also, was there ever a regimental tie specifically for the CSR rather than that of the amalgamted Queens Westminster Civil Service Rifles?

I have seen newsletters for a combined association and have post-war remembrance orders of service for such. I would be very interested to hear if there was an individual OCA or association.

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Kind regrds,

Tim

There certainly used to be something of the sort. Many years ago I took part in an office team that attended an annual event at Bisley, possibly run by the Southern Region of HASSRA (health and social Security Recreational Association).

Keith

There certainly used to be something of the sort. Many years ago I took part in an office team that attended an annual event at Bisley, possibly run by the Southern Region of HASSRA (health and social Security Recreational Association).

Keith

Hello Keith,

Could this have been the Civil Service Rifle Association, formed in 1926? I think this was a separate entity to the regiment and was a recreational club. Though, I may well be wrong.

Thanks for your input,

Tim

Following various amalgamations, the succession of the Civil Service Rifles now seems to have passed to the 7th Battalion, The Rifles.

Sorry

The reference I made was to ongoing activity, and did not refer in any way to the WW1 unit.

keith