Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Canada Farm Elverden Suffolk

andrew pugh

Good Morning to you All.

I live in Mildenhall not far from Elveden in Suffolk and heard from a very good friend that they are going to open a Museum on the Elverden Estate

regarding the tank proving ground and training area used in WW1.They have also discovered lots of photographs taken at that time.Hopethis might be of intrest to some of you tank buffs out there.If I hear anything more I will passit on.

Regards Andy

Andy

Please keep us informed.

Canada Farm was the base for D Company HSMGC - several photos have been identified of the Company in August 1916.

More would be of great value

Stephen

And, if I can help with details of those who trained there, please let me know

Stephen

• 1 year later...

Hi Andy & delta. I live in Barnham Just south of Thetford. I have not heard anything about the eleven museum but would be very interested if they were to open one. Im interested in where the tank training area may have been but have never had any proof of where that is. i only recently found the whereabouts of Canada farm from a book i was reading. Any photos out there would be good to see, i will endeavour to take more recent photos if possible.

Paul

Andy

I live just over the county border in Littleport and would appreciate being kept up to date with details of the museum.

Garth

Andy,

I live at Gorleston On Sea and would also appreciate being kept up to date with details of the museum.

many thanks,

Ivor

• 1 month later...

Found this picture hanging in the new Elveden Estate restaurant. Got a few days off work soon so planning a trip to the estate office to see what records they might still hold.