Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

New Australian unit history book - 4th Light Horse Regiment AIF

marmi01

Hi there,

For those of you who are interested in the 4th Light Horse Regiment AIF, there's a new book out very soon about the regiment's World War One service (and will no doubt also go into detail about the Charge at Beersheba).

I have heard it's either Late May or early June.

"Endure and Fight" - A Detailed History of the 4th Light Horse Regiment AIF, 1914-1919 by David Holloway.

It's a huge 900 pages and no doubt meticulously researched and written as the author did a great job with his previous book "Hooves, Wheels and Tracks - History of the 4/19th Prince of Wales's Light Horse".

It's a limited edition of 513 (a strange number but its actually the number of other ranks in the original regiment).

And if your in Melbourne, the book will be launched by Maj Gen Mike O'Brien, CSC at the Shrine of Remembrance on Wednesday 15th June at 2.30 pm.

I'm looking forward to getting my copy.

Regards,

Mick

Looking forward to this as well. See you there.

Jonathan

• 1 month later...

Couldn't find this thread since I last entered it. Must need glasses or something.

Anyhow, the launch was very well attended and the speakers were very good indeed. David Holloway should be, and is, very proud of his achievement with this book. Highly detailed and researched. Something to cherish.

Some might say a bit steep at $95 but when you look at it and go through it and know that it is an investment in it's own right it's priceless really.

Jonathan