Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Newfoundland Memorial

Amor

Hi,

Can any members post the exact co-ordinates/position of the Newfoundland Caribou Memorial at Harelbeke in Belgium. I have been 'Googling' for about 20 minutes but been unable to find its exact location.

Rgds,

Alex

Hi,

Can any members post the exact co-ordinates/position of the Newfoundland Caribou Memorial at Harelbeke in Belgium. I have been 'Googling' for about 20 minutes but been unable to find its exact location.

Rgds,

Alex

http://maps.google.b...g%2C%20Kortrijk

Hope this works.

Jef

I'm afraid, it doesn't work. ... Sorry. Where can I find the co ordinates? I find the pic ( by the way, it's only 4 miles from the place where I live) but cannot copy it into this forum.

Jef

I'm afraid, it doesn't work. ... Sorry. Where can I find the co ordinates? I find the pic ( by the way, it's only 4 miles from the place where I live) but cannot copy it into this forum.

Jef

Found a way: go to google, typ- Gentsesteenweg, Boels - enlarge ..... you will see the caribou at about 8 o'clock of the mark.

kind regards,

Jef

Do you mean the Newfoundland Regiment Memorial near Beaumont Hamel, France? On Google Earth I make the Caribou Memorial at:

50° 04´ 25.7¨ N

2° 38´ 53.6¨ E

Regards, Pete S

Alex

The monument is north of Kortjijk on the N43 (Gentsesteenweg) to Harelbeke. Its on the left hand side of the road just where it meets the R8 ringroad. If you are using Google maps turn on photos and someone has placed a photo of it in the right spot.

Tim B