Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Conference a Resounding Success

Gunboat

I've just got back home from the conference and it was a resounding success. I would like to offer congratulations and thanks to Alan and Sue for organising the event and to all the speakers for their informative and enjoyable contributions.

Good to hear it. Looking forward to the DVD :thumbsup:

John

Just got home too - hats off to Alan & Sue on another great day. This was my first time hearing Peter Hart "speak".... class, pure class. Hopefully I'll have a few pics so Pals can play "name the face" ('cos I only recognised a few!!!!). All 5 speakers did a wonderful job and I actually learned something too :thumbsup:

A thoroughly enjoyable, interesting and educational day. Good to see some new faces and many others from last year too. The speakers were excellent. Top class all round and well done to Allen Sue.

Alan and Sue.... a great day..... excellent speakers, superb organisation, good company. What more could one ask for!

Thank you

Andrew

Did you address any future plans during the conference to hold the next on the continent to allow us "continentals" to attend?:hypocrite:

An absoluyely superb weekend.

Starting with the comradeship and real ale in the Old Contemptibles, this was a weekend I will long treasure.

Every one of the speakers was excellent, each in their different ways. I learned so much.

The lunch was good, and so especially was dinner.

It was great to renew acquaintances, and also be meet new Pals, and be able to put more faces to names, and avatars.

None of this would have been possible without a huge amount of work in organising it all by the Curraghs, to whom I think all present owe a great round of applause.

I can't wait for next March 24th!

Bruce

("I can hardly believe it.....I agree with him!" Ayesha)

just got in a couple of hours ago and would add my praise and congratulations for a brilliant event. Looking forward to the piccies -- and next year's conference

cheers Martin B

edit: some are already there: I could have done without the candid shot with the chicken leg, though

A very hearty thank you to all those involved in organising the event, with a special mention to Alan and Sue for their ceaseless work in getting off the ground what is fast becoming a Great War highlight of the year (in fact a highlight of the year full stop!)

It was brilliant to see folk again and to have the privilege of hearing 5 excellent presentations. I have to travel some distance to attend and do not regret the fact at all and I will already be starting to save the pennies (OK cents) for next year. We will be putting next year's calendar for the school together soon; I wonder if the Head realises why I am avoiding anything that could put a March 24th weekend away in jeopardy! B)

Must go now and pack for France. If you see a white Volvo with Brit plates around Arras and places in the next two weeks its probably me - say hi and maybe a beer or two could be shared.

Jim