Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Technical idea for Conference

Matt Dixon

Something occurred to me whilst driving home last night, that there are a number of people who cant make the conference. Is there any way we could produce either a DVD of the talks or perhaps a podcast of them, so those who cant make it can enjoy the speeches as well? The DVD could perhaps be sold to fund the Forum?

This is just an idea and may not be possible, but does anyone have any thoughts/expertise/experience on this?

Matt

Having presented a various conferences, a CD is a common feature. These tend to be copies of the power points and/or any papers produced. These could be could be burnt onto a CD. Whilst one would miss the commentary, there could be some useful information for non attendees.

I would certainly be interested in receiving a DVD of the talks and perhaps a scan of attendees to put faces to names. Name yer price

I'm not sure a DVD would be feasible - but podcasts possibly. It would obviously need to be approved by the speakers, but I'll ask them and see what they think.

Hopefully Kim will be busy with her camera again this year and will post lots of lovely photos.

Alan

I will be there with my camera.

I also have a video camera, unfortunately it's an old one (about 13 years) and the film I have is old. I will be bringing it with me and trying to get the whole of the conference onto film (which can transfer onto dvd). We will have to wait and see what the quality is like before we can start saying, 'yes, we have it.

Unless there's anyone else with better, more up to date equipment?

All good thoughts - but please remember we have to have the speaker's permission first

Alan, of course I understand that consent would be needed.

The max clip length for You Tube is 10 minutes, which is why I wondered if a podcast might work.

The upload time for clips to Youtube can be horrendous too - even for very short clips, as I know to my expense (of my time that is).

I have been able to source some new tapes which should be delivered tomorrow, so the quality should be good. We just need to get people's permission now.

Alan, what sort of length of time will each speaker be speaking for?

Each slot is one hour, including questions

As I'm not going to be able to make it this year (wife still not fit enough to leave for a day let alone a night) I'd greatly appreciate a DVD of the speakers (not just the slides).

Pleased to say that all the speakers are happy to be videoed on Saturday - although a few have warned that they tend to move about a bit!

I won't be attending so very interested in a DVD. Good idea Matt :thumbsup:

John

Pleased to say that all the speakers are happy to be videoed on Saturday - although a few have warned that they tend to move about a bit!

Sounds a bit pessimistic about the audience reaction!

....and one says he might swear! Can anyone guess who? :whistle:

The DVD editor could bleep him out and pixelate his face. That would eliminate the swearing and reduce the risk of making children frightened.

The DVD editor could bleep him out and pixelate his face.

Sounds like the sort of threat the Piranha brothers would have made

"He's right out of order Dinsdale. you want I should bleep him out and pixelate 'is face?"

"Nah, just screw his pelvis to a cake stand"