Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

18th Battalion KRRC

chrisbroom

Can anyone please tell me where i can obtain a copy of the 18th Battalion Kings royal rifle corps war diary 1914 to 1918 other than from the national archives.I have tried them 3 times and have had the following replys.

1. to many pages to copy in catalogue

2.not sure if their diary is in WO 95/ 2635 (even thought it is listed there on their web site)

3. sorry we no longer carry out this service.

I have also tried contacting the KRRCA but have had no reply from them at all.

I would like a copy of this diary as my wifes grandfarther was in the 18th battalion and we want to make a pack up for her uncle as a birthday surprise as he has tried to find things out but is not used to using computors.

Any help would be appreciated,

Rgds Chris

Hi Chris

You have had some bad luck here. WO 95/2634 which holds the diaries of the other members of 122 Brigade 41st Division are on-line but 2635 is not. You would need to have copies made at Kew. As you are talking about probably between 150 and 300 pages that could be a very expensive undertaking. I doubt they exist anywhere else but you never know - keep trying the KRRCA.

Jim

Thanks Jim

I have emailed them twice now with no answer at all. i suppose only other thing i can do is to try phoning them.

Thanks for Help

Chris