Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Replica Medal purchase

roughdiamond

Wife's friend who I've been helping find out about her Fathers service, wants to purchase full sized replica British War and Victory medals, get them engraved, mounted and framed to pass onto her Son.

She'd probably get them engraved, her Dad was 54166 Pte James McFarlane 8th Bn Scottish Rifles. What would the engraving be exactly on the rim?

She wants them mounted, I believe they were normally Swing mounted, but Court mounting looks best I reckon, for authenticity, is swing the preferred option?

Any recommendations for the full service and a rough guideline of cost?

Secondly, She has a photo of her Dad which she'd like to include along with the Medals, a Cameronians cap badge and obviously a piece with his details, again, any recommendations and rough costs? She's looking for something like the one in the link from EG Frames.

http://www.egframes.net/product_info.php?cPath=6_71&products_id=1242

Thanks folks

Sam

Agree with Phil

Worcestershire Medals - The replica medals I wear on my dress uniform came from them (saves me loosing the real ones)- Not cheap but good quality.

Andy

She'd probably get them engraved, her Dad was 54166 Pte James McFarlane 8th Bn Scottish Rifles. What would the engraving be exactly on the rim?

Sam

The authentic naming would be :-

54166 PTE. J.MC FARLANE. SCO.RIF.