Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

6th Army & 3rd Cavalry Division battles?

Fino

Could someone please give me some information, or let me know where I can find it, concerning where these two units fought? My grandfather's; 3rd " Lombardia" Cavalry Division, 5th Cavalry Brigade, 24th "Vicenza" Cavalry regiment. And my great uncle's; 6th Army Engineer Corps. I know the 6th Army was on Italian Front, but that is all. Thanks, Fino

6th Italian Army was always on Asiago Plateau

14th (not 24th) Vicenza cavalry regiment - in 5th cavalry brigade- in 3rd Lombardia cavalry division- in XXVI Corps- in 3rd Army

was on Isonzo Front until 1917 november (Caporetto defeat), after this time it was on Piave river defence.

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/ramius/Militaria/battaglia_di_gorizia.html

Thanks and sorry Kibe, I thought I had my Nonno down pat but apparently I'm way off. I'm back to square one. I only know his uniform hat has crossed swords with a 24 on it and he has a long sword at his side and spurs on. Again thanks, Fino

Kibe- here is what I found. Am I correct? 1915, 4th Army, XIV Corps, 3rd Cavalry Division,5th Cavalry Brigade, 24th Vicenza Cavalry Regiment.

L.General Guicciardi Di Cervarolo. Thanks, Fino

It's possible that 3rd division in 1915 was in XIV Corps in 4th Army and changed in 1916 to XXVI Corps in 3rd Army. I'll try to look for this information...can you post a pic of the uniform hat of your grandfather? Scuse for my english....