Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Old Soldiers never die

docchippy

Any pals got a record of the address for the new publisher of Richard's old soldiers. A reprint with photos and annotations was offered in a flyer with the WFA magazine. Sent it off with a cheque a couple of months ago and have yet to receive it. Like a fool I did not keep a copy of the publisher's address. Anyone else experienced similar problems - or maybe the book not printed yet?

Neil

Publisher is a forum user LangleyBaston1418 or similar so you can contact him via the Forum.

I think I recently saw that he had only just approved the final publishers proof . No doubt he will get it to you as soon as he possibly can.

The flyer said this was a pre-publication offer. I think I recall David posting on this forum that the anticipated printing date was about now ie. end June.

To the resue. First of all, sorry for delay, the book was meant to beat the 22 June deadline so distribution could occur last week. However, printer [who shall be nameless in the interests of avoiding writs] is a better printer than administrator, and delivery delayed. And delayed.

Good news is I am expecting the first 200 copies tomorrow, and we will be posting about 40 a day for a week.

Meanwhile, apologies all round.

Please telephone 01778 560900 if any problems.

David Langley

First 558 copies arrived today. Mail-out hopefully complete this week. Book looks good, smells good and, yes, it tastes ok, with a sprinkling of salt and pepper. And a drink.

Thanks for the update. I cannot wait to get stuck into this one.

I'm glad that it smells good. I always judge a new book by its smell...

Regards

AGWR