Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The good soldier Adolf!

Guest redrum

Hitler - short, portly, plagued by health problems and with dark features; Goering, obese and for a time a drug addict; Goebbels - dark haired and, I believe, called the 'Poisoned Dwarf' because of his stature; and the myopic, slightly-built chicken farmer Himmler.

Not wishing to defend the Nazi hierarchy, but Hitler had piercing blue eyes, Goering more than fitted the bill in his younger days, Goebbels' features were due to childhood polio (club foot) and Himmler - well I can't defend Himmler, he reminds me too much of "Walter" from "Dennis the Menice" in the Beano!!!

One who more than fits the bill (and still sends shivers down my spine when I see photos of him) was the Olympic fencer and allround sportsman and "perfect gentleman" , Reinhardt Heidrich, possibly the most dangerous and evil man in Nazi Germany. (Even he was reputed to have a Jewish bloodline!).

I have no doubt that Herr Hitler was a good (though introverted) and brave soldier during WW1 (and I find this period one of the most interesting in "Mein Kampf") - he even admits to admiring his Jewish officer (I forget his name - Kpt. Meier???), but I believe that the "monster" was born in the gutters of Vienna and Munich before the war, not in the trenches.

Dave.

Walter the Softy a closet Nazi? Perhaps a reaction prompted by inadequacy after all of Dennis's bullying? Knew the character was a closet something all along! :lol:

Point accepted ... but still hardly specimens of an Aryan race of 'supermen', I 'spose: the 'moral decadence' that led to those mentioned putting on weight and/or being substance addicts would no doubt have attracted equal censure to those born with disabilities or other apparent shortcomings - vide Goebbels and Himmler, or considered to be from subservient racial or cultural groups according to AH's viewpoint.

Re: AH's eyes - heard tell that he could induce orgasm through his oratory in susceptible women and homosexual men. (Apparently Clinton had similar magic when speaking to supporters; a number of female journalists also recalled an unexpected attraction to the guy whilst interviewing him!)

Didn't AH refer to Americans as a mongrel race or such at some point, and used this as a reason to ban Jazz? Bring on the Bavarian Oompah music!

Richard

The "top" of the Nazi's just wanted to show haw it doesn't have to be.

Arian must be completely the opposite.

Tall, blond, intellegent (does that go with blond??? :lol: ), strrong, atheletic,...

Not Adolf at all!