Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

'B' Bty 114th Brigade - MSM for H J Hartnett 1919

julia_odowd

My Grandfather, H J Hartnett 18232 RFA , was awarded the MSM (London Gazette 20 January 1919). His medal card (which is stamped 'Salonica') doesn't say why neither does the Gazette entry. He died of desease in Salonika on 18 February 1919 and is buried in Mikra cemetery. Any ideas as to how I might be able to find out?

Loolah :unsure:

Recommendations and/or citations are not available for most MSM awards. It is possible that there might be some mention in the Brigade war diary. The 114th Brigade War Diary for November 1915 to December 1918 is available at The National Archives under WO95/4864, while the war diary for January 1919 to March 1919 is at WO95/4908. Dick Flory

Recommendations and/or citations are not available for most MSM awards. It is possible that there might be some mention in the Brigade war diary. The 114th Brigade War Diary for November 1915 to December 1918 is available at The National Archives under WO95/4864, while the war diary for January 1919 to March 1919 is at WO95/4908. Dick Flory

• 3 weeks later...

My apologise i only have 115th brigade till mid-1917. I also have 26th div. CRA Diary for same period. Would be very interested in a copy if you get it from tna

My apologise i only have 115th brigade till mid-1917. I also have 26th div. CRA Diary for same period. Would be very interested in a copy if you get it from tna

Sorry not to have got back to you sooner. Thank you for your helpful response. I would still be interested in the war diary entries for the earlier period you mention. I would be happy to copy to you any inf. I get from the TNA.

Loolah