Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

A pound well spent

Verrico2009

Found this photo sitting lonely and unloved in an assorted box in Covent Garden Market (there is an option to view the high res scan). Gritted my teeth and asked what they wanted - £1. I thought it was worth it. Haven't had a chance to look in daylight yet but it looks as though it should be OK under a loupe.

I've peeled it off the tatty backing card but can't decipher what's been crossed out - any thoughts? It may not be relevant, of course.

I was interested to see it's exactly three postcards long: had never thought about it before, though I'd probably assume that they came pre-cut...

post-49061-087485200 1295390506.jpg

Looks like 14 and a half x 8 and a half crossed out then they have decided that it is actually 13 and a quarter x 8 and a quarter size

Photographer's jottings?

Very nice find for a quid!

Edit: Darn it, they beat me to it!

Caryl

Definately well post GW, on the extreme right of the photo is a heavily treaded tyre belonging to one of the trucks behind the group, still a great find and a bargin to boot...will we get a close-up of thr cap badges?

Jon

Thanks everyone. Yes, still happy with it - but perhaps I should stay in the appropriately labelled boxes in the future - it had the right "look" to me! I can try scanning a cap badge later Jon, tho I'm not sure I can do better than my original high res version.