Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Armistice Squadron

RossM

In the course of my research on Trafford Leigh-Mallory I have come accross this unit that he supposed to have commanded at the end of the war. I can find no information on it. I think it may have been a composite unit that moved into Germany with the Army but does anyone else know what it was?

Ross

Official History states "Two brigades of the RAF under Major-General Sir J Salmond, were allotted to the British Army of the Rhine with six wings (24 squadrons) and a balloon wing.."

Thereafter it talks about the reduction in the air power deployed in the Rhineland.

Edwin

Official History states "Two brigades of the RAF under Major-General Sir J Salmond, were allotted to the British Army of the Rhine with six wings (24 squadrons) and a balloon wing.."

Thereafter it talks about the reduction in the air power deployed in the Rhineland.

Edwin

Edwin which OH is that?

Nils he commanded 8 Squadron, which was equipped with FK8s, unitl the end of November.

Ross

Edwin which OH is that?

Nils he commanded 8 Squadron, which was equipped with FK8s, unitl the end of November.

Ross

Occupation of the Rhineland

Edwin

• 3 weeks later...

Edwin which OH is that?

Ross

:blush: Gosh yes Ross youre right, L_M commanded a squadron of AWFKs not RE8s.

What a FK mistake to make!