Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

9th. Bn. Black Watch

Rob Bulloch

Hello to the Forum.

I wonder if someone could please supply me with a map of the location of the 9th BW on Friday Sept 24th 1915 I know they moved up to the front line positions "C.T.6" to "C.T.7B" and "C.T.21 in preparation for the attack on the 25th. Thanks in advance.

Aye Rob.

Gary. Many thanks for the map, it is a great help. I have the 3.Vol set of the History of the Black Watch But! for some reason the map is missing.. Thanks again.

Aye Rob.

Hi Rob,

I've got a 1st Army Panorama dated 28th Mar 1916 (taken from the line of the 3rd Objective in the map above), which includes the extreme left-hand flank of the 15th Divisional boundary and shows Puits No14 and chimney, about 600 yards north of Hill 70. It's most haunting aspect is that it shows the rise towards the enemy lines, the completely flat, featureless landscape and the trenches picked out so clearly in that sector.

If you would like a scan of it then please PM me your email address

Regards

Martin

Martin. Thanks for the Panorama photograph. Much appreciated, it gives you an idea of just how open and unprotected the area is.The crossing of that terrain under fire must have been awful, the casualty figure attest to that.

Thanks again. Aye Rob