Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Jutland 1916

Jesse

Has it been filmed or featured prominently in a story in modern times? I'd rather that the battle be left unsullied by the hands of scriptwriters, who tend to have a penchant for embellishing what is already fascinating history.

Simon

Ah, I see what you mean! For God's sake, don't them put in the usual rot about Thomas Jackson and Room 40!

Simon

I had wondered myself about the 'Jutland' film project and whether there was any news. I think that it would be a great subject for a film. I can't think of many films that have featured the naval aspect of the Great War-'The African Queen' aside. Mind you 'The Wolf-How One German Raider terrorized the Southern Seas During the First World War' by Richard Guilliatt & Peter Hohnen ' also has great potential

Thanks for all the input. It is still being carried online as one of Kingsley's 2011 projects, but if it is going forward, it's being done very much under the radar.

The IMDB has it as a 'project under development' on Kingsley's page; left hand column about a third of the way down. You have to subscribe to IMDBPro to get more information on films at that stage.

Well, perhaps we can hope for some good CGI battle scenes - but my guess is the schwerpunkt of the film will be the character contrast between Jellicoe and Beatty. And if the project gets canned or delayed it will probably be due to (i) who's gonna play Beatty? and (ii) is the CGI gonna be up to the task?

Regards,

MikB