Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

AIF Cap Badge

KIRKY

I urgently need an AIF WW1 style cap badge. I have tried several UK dealers but they only sell British stuff. Anyone help??

tony

Guest dinkidi

Tony

As a last resort I can lend you 1. It's down here in Melbourne but the mails are OK if you want to try that.

ooRoo

Pat

G'day Tony,

Try lawrance ordenance in sidney, they have them in stock and look okay

coo-ee

patrick

:(

Anyone in UK got any leads for this one?

Which size are you after? I've got a couple (slightly different designs) of "slouch-hat size" badges, but I want to keep hold of them. If you're looking for one that was worn on the odd occasion that Aussies wore service dress caps (when they actually wore the rising sun collar badges on their caps), then I've got a couple spare if you want.

To be honest, they're pretty common finds over here in the UK. If you look at any shops that sell badges , then you should be able to find them pretty easily and cheaply.

Dave.

There are usually plenty on E-bay. Usually going for cheap. It is very difficult to differentiate between WW1 and WW2 and in many cases I believe they were identical. I believe early WW1 had a slider and went to lugs later on. WW2 usually had lugs.

Regards

TD

:huh:

Also not sure what is being discussed here? All I want is somewhere in UK where I can buy a AIF cap badge, re-strike if available.

Sorry if anyone who originally responded did not get a reply but I was waiting to see what was out there.

Tony