Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

German Fallen

matthew lucas

have managed to aquire a number of large photos/scrolls of German soldiers who fell during the war, i'm interested in finding out where they may have fallen, and if they have a grave (well identifid one i should say), any information realy....

any where here are details on 3

Julius Seufert 2. Badisches Grenadier Regiment K.W.1. 110 14 October 1914

Daniel Bender(may not be a B) Feld. Kekruten Depot der 45 Res. division 1. kompagnie 20 juli 1918

Karl Dorsch 85 Inf Regim. 28 Januar 1917 an Der Somme

any help or ideas greatly appreciated

matt

have managed to aquire a number of large photos/scrolls of German soldiers who fell during the war, i'm interested in finding out where they may have fallen, and if they have a grave (well identifid one i should say), any information realy....

any where here are details on 3

Julius Seufert 2. Badisches Grenadier Regiment K.W.1. 110 14 October 1914

Daniel Bender(may not be a B) Feld. Kekruten Depot der 45 Res. division 1. kompagnie 20 juli 1918

Karl Dorsch 85 Inf Regim. 28 Januar 1917 an Der Somme

any help or ideas greatly appreciated

matt

Hello,

No hits via Denkmalprokekt or Weltkriegsopher...any chance we can see the originals?

-Daniel

Sgt.Daniel Bender (20/7/1918) is buried at Flavigny le Petit (Block 2, grave 298)

Musk.Karl Dorsch (28/1/1917) is buried at Achiet le Petit (grave 968)

No sign of Seufert

Dave

cheers chaps, many thanks

yes it could be geufeert

will try to get photos of the originals on here

matt

yes it could be geufeert

I tried many variants in spelling of Seufert (including with a 'G' which had no results whatsover for German wars between 1870 and 1945).... no results from a variety of sources so it looks likely that he was either posted 'missing', his grave lost, he died at home or his body was repatriated.

Dave

having trouble uploading pics, amyway, if anyone is interested in seeing them, pm me and i'll e mail them

many thanks

matt

many thanks

matt

ok lets get emptying then!

matt

Something is amiss somewhere, Dan. The caption 'Posted Image' is coming up instead of either the images or links to them.

yes can't see the pics either. Dan the last one - you are correct, no name but thought i'd include for interest as its rather an interesting picture

matt

You can see the pics if you right-click on the red X, select Properties, then mark and copy/paste the bit beside "Address:" (starts "https://" etc.) into another browser window.

Adrian

Thanks Daniel. Well, it is definitely Seufert. Matt, apologies for chasing after other spellings. Without having seen the original, I was guessing that the writing might have been more difficult to decipher. It is not uncommon, for example, for S to be mistaken for G in some scripts.

Robert

yes all looks good to me, can see them fine now, many many thanks

matt

It might be worthwhile to bring this to the attention of the folks over in the Feldgrau forum...German army research is their primary focus. I can cross post it there, if you wish.

-Daniel