Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Mark Finneran

Hope everyone had a safe Christmas and New Year.

0815 (55).jpg

0815 (56).jpg

0815 (57).jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Front end from earlier pictures. Note Muzzle attachment.

DSC_0094.JPG

DSC_0101.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone have for sale one of the bipods as shown above?  The tubular steel pattern?  There are several patterns used for the MG08/15 and other light MGs.

Thanks

Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ZMS thanks for posting. Interesting. I seek the original items but the company certainly has done a great job. Hopefully the beginning of some ‘new’ WWI films/movies 🙂

A couple of hundred years from now and with some ‘usage’ they will look practically original!  Is there any film of them being ‘live fired’ or trialled?

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Nice side view of the 'ersatz' 08/15 bipod. Incidentally I am looking for one!  There were 3 main bipods used in WWI for the 08/15, in that these were the mass produced 'issued' bipods. Some period imagery will show unit/armourer variations or front line essential repair.

0815 (98).jpg

Incidentally there seems to be no set method of how all 3 bipods were positioned. Period imagery shows all 3 in forward and reverse facing positions.  As well documented having the bipod in the middle of the wepaon made it very unstable, hence the inter-war adaptor. Image shown just for interest.

IW (67).jpg

On 17. 10. 2021 at 7:45, Mark Finneran said:

ZMS děkuji za zveřejnění. Zajímavý. Sháním originální zboží, ale firma určitě odvedla skvělou práci. Snad začátek nějakých 'nových' filmů/filmů z první světové války 🙂

Za pár set let a při určitém „používání“ budou vypadat prakticky originálně! Existuje nějaký film, na kterém jsou stříleni v přímém přenosu nebo zkoušeni?

Označit

I'm sorry I don't speak English. I own the original MG 08/15 fully functional which I used as a template for my production.

Great 08/15 images MOTOJOSH.  Keep them coming ;)