Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

POND FARM YPRES

BIFFO

Can any one give me any info as to what involvement pond farm st julian had in the war

BIFF

I seem to recall that the lad who lived at the farm was interested in World War One and set up his own website detailing the history. Unfortunately I can't seem to find it. I've visited the site on a number of occasions.

Once again the forum comes up trumps thanks chaps,Mark I had the honour last sat to speak to "the lad on the farm"a nicer young man you will never meet as he spoke to my wife and I looking down I noticed the pile of live gas shells-handgrenades and detonators awaiting collection,any one know a good dry cleaner

BIFF :thumbsup:

Hello,

It's great for me to see, that if someone has a question about Pondfarm they find my website!

If you are in belguim, come and visit our museum!

(Thx Robert)

Greetings,

Stijn Pondfarm

www.depondfarm.be

• 3 years later...

Hi

Is the Pond Farm museum still running? I'm heading to the Salient on 30th August and would love to visit but have emailed twice on the site and had no reply. Can you just turn up or do we need to book? Also can anyone recommend a suitable amount of time to spend at Pond Farm?

thanks

Dav

Dav, there is another, more up-to-date thread on this. Allow an hour - the museum is quite small but the everyday impact of the war on modern life (shells awaiting collection, artefacts dug up etc) takes a little time to absorb. Well worth a visit.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Is the Pond Farm museum still running? I'm heading to the Salient on 30th August and would love to visit but have emailed twice on the site and had no reply. Can you just turn up or do we need to book? Also can anyone recommend a suitable amount of time to spend at Pond Farm?

thanks

Dav

Yes i always welcome! www.depondfarm.be

Greetings,

Stijn

Edited by stijn

Amazing visit on Sunday morning with the family. Wife + 9 and 7 yr old totally engaged in subject matter they had never been exposed to before. Thank you so much for showing us around!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Stijn,

thank you for a fantastic evening looking around Pond Farm and your museum. Fascinating to find somewhere almost totally untouched since WW1.

Hopefully see you again soon,

Best wishes

Charles

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

I don't see that anyone has responded to the original question. Pond Farm was General Arthur Currie's 2nd Brigade HQ CEF briefly at the beginning of 2nd Ypres until it was obliterated by fire caused by shellfire. Sorry if someone has already answered this, but I don't see it here.