Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lt. Hercules Ralph Langrishe

MGrant

I am new to this forum having only just found it. My uncle, Hercules Ralph Langrishe died at Lympne aerodrome according to family history, but I do not know if he was stationed there or was en route from Dover aerodrome. My father Terence Hume, 7 years younger than his brother (b.1895), also trained at Dover and I have some pictures from his flying photograph album of Dover and Fermoy. I also have his Log Book covering his initial training, instructor training and move to Ireland. He completed approx. 800 hours.

There is reference to photos from my father's album in #21; how do I obtain copies of these please?

The Heck mentioned in post #22 refers to my elder brother, Hercules Ralph Hume, not to his uncle Hercules Ralph. They were both called Heck, not to be confused with the father of H.R. and T.H., my grandfather, who was also called Hercules, known as Herky.

Thanks (Patrick?) for this update.

You've probably seen this already but the RAF Museum's casualty card index have a variation in the spelling of the surname, with the result that the casualty card doesn't always turn up in searches:

http://www.rafmuseumstoryvault.org.uk/archive/langriske-h.r.-hercules-ralph

Thanks (Patrick?) for this update.

You've probably seen this already but the RAF Museum's casualty card index have a variation in the spelling of the surname, with the result that the casualty card doesn't always turn up in searches:

http://www.rafmuseumstoryvault.org.uk/archive/langriske-h.r.-hercules-ralph

This may also be the reason why I have never found the Gazette entries, except the one of 18 Feb 1915 correcting the spelling in an earlier entry (Sept 1914). Can anyone give me the link to the one for his promotion (8 June 1916?) and attachment to the RFC (August 1916?) ?

I've tried surname only, initials plus surname and full name, but of course their transcriptions often run words together, which makes things more difficult. But I know some people on the forum are very good at this.

Thanks for posting the RAF museum record. Odd that it gives his rank as 2/Lt?

Liz

Does anyone know whether there was anyone else in the plane when Lt or 2/Lt Langrishe crashed? If so presumably the other man was also killed?

Liz

• 11 months later...