Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Turkish "Gallipoli" Star (Turkish War Medal 1915)

Sepoy

There were a number of "Battle" clasps awarded to be worn with the ribbon from the second button hole. These clasps are often mentioned in reference books and websites, but not shown.

Accordingly, can anyone tell me what campaign the illustrated clasp was awarded for?

Many thanks for your help

Sepoy

NB forgive me if I have posted this upside down!!!

post-55476-000583100 1290464311.jpg

I have posted this photograph on the Forum in the past, but it clearly shows the "Gallipoli Star" and seperate ribbon with Battle clasp being worn!

post-55476-061086400 1290464641.jpg

Gallipoli Star is a fair description. They were also awarded the German Troops / advisors as well and some were made in Germany, not just in the 'Ottoman Empire' as it was then. First time I've seen the clasp. Thanks for showing it.

John

Just a short note to advise Forum members that I also posted a photograph of the clasp on the Facebook Gallipoli 1915 page.

Accordingly, I have been advised that the clasp reads "Irak"

If any reader knows where I can find an illustrated list of all these clasps, I would be very grateful to hear.

Sepoy

NB I believe the photograph should be the otherway up!

• 1 year later...

There were a number of "Battle" clasps awarded to be worn with the ribbon from the second button hole. These clasps are often mentioned in reference books and websites, but not shown.

Accordingly, can anyone tell me what campaign the illustrated clasp was awarded for?

Many thanks for your help

Sepoy

NB forgive me if I have posted this upside down!!!

Hi,

The picture is upside down. It s a clasp for IRAK.

Regards

Demir

Just a short note to advise Forum members that I also posted a photograph of the clasp on the Facebook Gallipoli 1915 page.

Accordingly, I have been advised that the clasp reads "Irak"

If any reader knows where I can find an illustrated list of all these clasps, I would be very grateful to hear.

Sepoy

NB I believe the photograph should be the otherway up!

Hi,

The official name of the Medal is "Harp Madalyası" the "WAR MEDAL".

You can find all about the Turkish War Medal, ribbon,clasps, regulation etc in my recently published 172 age English Turkish book " The Turkish War Medal".

http://turkishwarmedal.wordpress.com/

Regards

Demir