Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

'List tanks/100'

petergrantwilson

Please can someone shed some light on the header paragraph 'List tanks/100' denoted on a medal index card and kindly explain what this means.

regards

Please can someone shed some light on the header paragraph 'List tanks/100' denoted on a medal index card and kindly explain what this means.

regards

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure without seeing the relevant index card, but I guess it could mean that the soldier served with the Tank Corps and is listed on page 100 of that roll?

I am sure that some other good member will be along soon, to either confirm or disagre with my explanation.

Best wishes, Robert

regards

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I can't be sure, but it would seem that it probably means that your man served in the Tank Corps and is listed on page 100 of that roll. I am sure that someone will be along soon to either confirm or otherwise my explanation.

Best wishes, Robert

List probably implies a Silver War Badge list (do the letters SWB also appear?) - certainly it looks like there would be such a Silver War Badge list now held at The National Archives under reference WO 329/3182.

Sorry to have posted twice but I lost the first post and the second disappeared with my internet connection!!?:o

Now I am back up and running they both seem to have reappeared?:D

Robert