Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lt Frederick Cudmore Andrews RFC

Guest stevenbec

Guest stevenbec

Mates,

Is the bloke on your records?

He was commisioned into the RFC from the AIF in March 1917. but could not find him on the MIC's.

Do you have him?

Also Lt Roseberry Ross Anson he was commisioned into the Notts and Derby Regt untill going the the RFC.

Can you give me any bio details and (Sqn's, pilots/obsver, kills and aircraft types) on these men in the RFC.

Cheers

S.B

Steve

A 2Lt F C Andrews was flying DH5 A9194 of No 32 Sqn RFC, when his aircraft overturned after it was apparently struck by a British shell over the Menin Road/Polygon Wood area at about 1345 on 26 September 1917. He was taken Prisoner of War. 'The Sky Their Battlefield' indicates that 2Lt Andrews may have fallen out of his machine.

This is quite likely to be your man - the timing from leaving the AIF, undergoing flying training and then posting to the RFC on the Western Front would seem about right.

I hope this helps.

Gareth

Steve

Unfortunately, I don't have any information on Lt R R Anson. It's often difficult to find data on airmen who weren't themselves casualties of some description or who were involved in aircraft mishaps - unless they were numbered among the fighter 'aces'.

Cheers

Gareth