Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Statistics of the British Empire Effort

Skipman

Mike

Many thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Harry

Had never seen this before either.

Thanks

Dave

I think this illustrates the good and the bad of internet publishing. I have tried opening this at home and at work. At home, the size of the file utterly overloaded my broadband. At work, even in central London the file has taken 5 minutes so far (I have just given up). I presume I could save it to my hard drive or whatever, but that would probably just about fill that.

On the other hand, it's free. My paper copy cost £85 from Naval & MIlitary 15 or so years ago (possibly more, actually). On the other hand, I can take my paper copy down from the shelf, piotter through it, look things up, get sidetracked into other stuff, forget what I started to look for and find something totally different, and generally enjoy it.

If you ask me, I'd go for the paper copy every time, but I appreciate that not everyone wants, needs, can afford (or has a long-suffering wife to put up with) a paper copy.

Each to his own, as the French say.

Hi Steven.

Tried to pm you, but no go.

I seem to have a pretty good broadband speed, and downloaded it in about 40 seconds. I'm more than happy to burn it to a disc and send it on to you, if you pm me a work/box number/etc address.

Cheers Mike

Cheers - I have the original reprint ( :blink: ), thanks, but I appreciate the offer.

Incidentally, since the upgrade, my PM inbox seems shot. I would see what I can do about it but I can't be fagged. No-one wants to talk to me most of the time anyway. B)

No-one wants to talk to me most of the time anyway. B)

Don't you believe it. :thumbsup:

I'm always impressed with some of the Books Forum members seem to own. Thank god some of it's online, I never see these rare books. Could be because I live in the sticks.

Good internet connection out here in the wilds though?

Cheers Mike

First attempt to download hung up at nearly 3MB

Then seemed to be successful but it goes straight into download and does not give me an option of where to place it on my PC. Consequently I think I downloaded it successfully but cannot find it anywhere. It does not help that I do not know its filename. Help!

Hi Alan. If you right click on the link

33nzuqq.jpg

open link in new window

Download

Save as document by clicking on icon arrowed.

25ioqb5.jpg

Hope that works

Cheers Mike

Edit; Rename the Document to something you will remember