Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

trenchtrotter

Postcards

MERLINV12

Just finished searching 280 pages of this topic, and only found 2 Coldstream Guards photos, as I am new to this era, is there any particular reason for this ??

I fully realise my search for a photo of my GF, will no doubt be fruitless, but would be nice to see how he would have looked, so if anyone has a photo of a 2nd Batt CG Private/Guardsman from 1917-18 period, it would be good to see it.

TIA.

FROGSMILE

Not necessarily 2nd Battalion, but photos of some fine Coldstream Guards, including a Victoria Cross winner (Gdsm Witham).  Includes an operational view courtesy of the Imperial War Museum.

7DB6F99E-4917-44D8-BC22-889CC020CC84.jpeg

016CAA09-2CDC-4ED6-B869-1043103A590F.jpeg

AE24F526-41CF-4AF6-B3E6-E61B551F6C9E.jpeg

Edited by FROGSMILE

MERLINV12
10 hours ago, FROGSMILE said:

Not necessarily 2nd Battalion, but photos of some fine Coldstream Guards, including a Victoria Cross winner (Gdsmn Witham).  Includes an operational view courtesy of the Imperial War Museum.

Thank you very much for the photos and the fast response.

I think they are 1st Batt, from the  "I" badge on the upper arm, no doubt someone cleverer than me will confirm.

Thanks once again, appreciated.

Edited by MERLINV12

FROGSMILE
1 hour ago, MERLINV12 said:

Thank you very much for the photos and the fast response.

I think they are 1st Batt, from the  "I" badge on the upper arm, no doubt someone cleverer than me will confirm.

Thanks once again, appreciated.

Yes, the one vertical bar does indeed indicate the 1st Battalion (two and three bars being 2nd and 3rd).  I agree that by comparison there seem few images of the 2nd battalion. 

Edited by FROGSMILE