Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Postcards

trenchtrotter

Chris,

I think young Hargreaves picture is absolutely fantastic and it is just such images I hope will be posted. If I recall you used this image in your recent book? It is wonderful and I am sure someone will know the patch.

All so far in a couple of days I have been amazed at the response. Please all keep posting as I personally think this is a wonderful thread bringing those long gone back if only briefly.

I think pcs are an excellant way of building up a uniform collection. Original items are hard to source and costly and pcs are relatively cheap. Excellant resource.

Regards and looking forward to all future images.

TT

Cpl. Harry Hargraves. Duke Of Wellington's Regiment

Sorry no info on the patch

Harry_Hargraves-_col-gw-02.jpg

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris, 9th Battn. Duke of Wellington, 2 1/2" x 2" maroon flash in felt.

Same battalion as Arthur Wilde...see second post! I wonder if they knew each other?

TT

post-55705-076199900 1285397610.jpgpost-55705-029098800 1285397314.jpgpost-55705-013369400 1285397450.jpg

Unknown Arty

back of card dated 29/9/17

to Nell

WITH BEST WISHES & BEST OF LUCK

From your affectionate

ERNEST

Unknown Regt.??

rear of other card :Elite Studio

78 Old Town St.

Plymouth

post-55705-099578500 1285398497.jpg

72nd Bn CEF Seaforth Highlanders

George Hilton Soles

the only Cdn Soldier awarded DCM with two bars during WW1

The first is Royal Artillery and the second looks like Royal Engineers:

RE_Cap_Badge_GS.GIF

Here is an Old Forester John, have you ever seen such an old lad as this in uniform. I bet he never made it to France but possibly did to Sunderland to the 3rd Battalion?

Looks like a Derby man to me, :whistle:

BRONNO. :thumbsup:

post-30693-043476400 1285410580.jpg

Here is an Old Forester John, have you ever seen such an old lad as this in uniform. I bet he never made it to France but possibly did to Sunderland to the 3rd Battalion?

Looks like a Derby man to me, :whistle:

BRONNO. :thumbsup:

I know all about him, he used connect phone lines to the well off around 1913. :lol:

Chris,

I think young Hargreaves picture is absolutely fantastic and it is just such images I hope will be posted. If I recall you used this image in your recent book? It is wonderful and I am sure someone will know the patch.

All so far in a couple of days I have been amazed at the response. Please all keep posting as I personally think this is a wonderful thread bringing those long gone back if only briefly.

I think pcs are an excellant way of building up a uniform collection. Original items are hard to source and costly and pcs are relatively cheap. Excellant resource.

Regards and looking forward to all future images.

TT

Many thanks TT, Yes indeed Harry made an appearance in our badge book . I'll upload his brother Jack's photo later on.

John, Many thanks for the info re the Bn . I'll pass it on to his family, who I'm sure will be very interested

Regards

Chris

William Masson DCM 10th Gordons (rear)

Decent study of Pattern 14 equipment.

post-14525-032311100 1285451362.jpg

I S Howarth DCM and Bar. Pipe Major, 1/6th Gordons.

post-14525-075300700 1285451504.jpg

All, more great images with lots of details and some names too.

Heres another of mine, unfortunately no name. Anyone want to guess the battalion and Div. If guessed correctly will tell you where taken and a little about the man.

TT

post-15846-074630000 1285520970.jpg

Looks like 34th Division checker board, maybe? But cap badge looks at odds with that, perhaps? Difficult to see at this distance....

Peter