Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

trenchtrotter

Postcards

MBrockway
10 hours ago, FROGSMILE said:

As well as black buttons, the two ‘old’ rifle regiments did not wear collar badges Kim, and that seems to be the case here.  Some (but not all) Rifle battalions within the London Regiment followed suit and, similarly some Rifle battalions of the British-Indian army.  Without close ups of the buttons precise design, or a cap badge, it is difficult to say more than that.  I do recall that the KRRC used very small rank stars/pips like those in this case.

I echo all of this but I'm away from home just now.  I'll see what I can find once back.

Mark

GWF1967

5 Sjts on motorcycles; India?

Scan_20180831.jpg

MBrockway
On 09/10/2018 at 09:24, MBrockway said:

I echo all of this but I'm away from home just now.  I'll see what I can find once back.

Mark

Sorry - no further forward on this.  Several Cliffords in the officer corps of the 60th, but yet to find a wife called Baillie, Baillis, or similar.  The closest I've found was a Mabel, and even there it was very doubtful if the spouse was actually the matching KRRC Clifford.

Not given up yet though!

stiletto_33853
On 10/12/2010 at 17:24, john gregory said:

35943 Corp Bernard Arthur Minnitt M.M. 11th Battn. N/Derby. Also awarded the M.C. as Lieut. with 18th Battn. KRRC.

post-20062-005935900 1292001832.jpg

DSC01222.jpg

Toby Brayley

A couple of unknowns. 

A nice look at the mounted greatcoat. 

sell 2.jpg

sell 1.jpg

Toby Brayley

An unknown West Yorks

Chap in the 1903 Bandolier has Regimental buttons and a shoulder title that I just can't decipher. (ASC?)  

sell 4.jpg

sell 3.jpg

Edited by Toby Brayley

FROGSMILE

The bandolier wearer seems an unusual one to me Toby.  The ST does not look like block letters, but more like a style of script.