Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
verdun

21st Signal Corps Company, ROYAL ENGINEERS

verdun

Can anyone tell me what 21st Signal Corps Company, ROYAL ENGINEERS were doing from Sept-Nov 1918 and to which Division they were attached? I think they were in 3rd Army, but I can't find them mentioned on LLT. Many thanks if you can help. Peter

Terry_Reeves

Peter

I assume that you mean 21 Divisional Signal Company, if so , it took its title from the Division it supported.

TR

Terry_Reeves

Peter

There are only two choices:

21 Divisional Signal Company, who supported 21 Division. War Diary reference WO 95 2145

21 Corps Signal Company who served in the Middle East from 1915 to 1919. War Diary Reference WO 95 2145.

It is obviously the former. CWGC references can be a bit ambiguous at times.

TR

armourersergeant

Hello,

I have the relevant war dairies for both division and company RE so I am able to let you know what they say.

You are correct they were part of 3 Army and were advancing as part of this army in the hundred days. I note you ask a time frame but assume you would like to know what was happening around the time of the casualties death?

Pm me and I will see what I can do.

Regards

Arm

Guest morris542

Sorry to ask another question on this thread. I'm researching a soldier who was part of "21st Coy RE" according to the CWGC entry:

CWGC

Is this unit the same as 21 Divisional Signal Company or another unit completely? Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Terry_Reeves

Morris

The entry for your man refers to 21st Fortress Company RE who were stationed at Harwich.

TR

Lukecoblaney
On 22/09/2010 at 19:19, armourersergeant said:

Hello,

I have the relevant war dairies for both division and company RE so I am able to let you know what they say.

You are correct they were part of 3 Army and were advancing as part of this army in the hundred days. I note you ask a time frame but assume you would like to know what was happening around the time of the casualties death?

Pm me and I will see what I can do.

Regards

Arm

I really need some information about this group.  My Grandfather (Daniel Blaney) won a MM during his time in the Signals, but I can't find any specific reason.  I can't find specifics even as to which person he reported into etc.

He ended his time with the 21st divisional as a L corporal.   He started as a Sappa, so any information that can be given would be much appreciated.  Some records have him as a Driver too.