Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

21st Signal Corps Company, ROYAL ENGINEERS

verdun

Can anyone tell me what 21st Signal Corps Company, ROYAL ENGINEERS were doing from Sept-Nov 1918 and to which Division they were attached? I think they were in 3rd Army, but I can't find them mentioned on LLT. Many thanks if you can help. Peter

Peter

There are only two choices:

21 Divisional Signal Company, who supported 21 Division. War Diary reference WO 95 2145

21 Corps Signal Company who served in the Middle East from 1915 to 1919. War Diary Reference WO 95 2145.

It is obviously the former. CWGC references can be a bit ambiguous at times.

TR

Hello,

I have the relevant war dairies for both division and company RE so I am able to let you know what they say.

You are correct they were part of 3 Army and were advancing as part of this army in the hundred days. I note you ask a time frame but assume you would like to know what was happening around the time of the casualties death?

Pm me and I will see what I can do.

Regards

Arm

• 5 months later...
Guest morris542

Sorry to ask another question on this thread. I'm researching a soldier who was part of "21st Coy RE" according to the CWGC entry:

CWGC

Is this unit the same as 21 Divisional Signal Company or another unit completely? Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Archived