Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
Terry

When is a MIC not a MIC?

Terry

Having recently won a 1914 Star trio on ebay, I naturally couldn't wait so I immediately purchased the MIC online. However, it turned out to be the type of medal index card described on the archives site as the type 3 Silver War badge card.

On the bright side it did show his enlistment and discharge dates, and obviously he earned the SWB. However, my main reason in wanting a MIC is to determine medals, and more particularly clasp entitlement and date of entry into France.

Do any of the experts know where I can go from here? The card does state under action taken: List M/1548 but I assume that's the SWB list number.

Guest Ian Bowbrick

Terry,

Sounds like a split MIC here. If you mail me off Forum with details, I can do the necessary look-up for you from the microfiche.

The problem is that the MICs on-line is a great idea and on the whole works well. However it does not account for split MICs or where MICs have incorrect information on them, as I found on Saturday, or where the card is missing.

You are doing nothing wrong, its the system not allowing for deviations from the norm.

Ian :)

Terry

Hi Ian,

When I checked your member page your e-mail is listed as private. Can you contact me, or am I doing something stupid and not spotting an obvious email link?

Terry Denham

Terry

Look at bottom left of each posting for the email button. Just click.

Terry

Duh! Let me take a moment to scrape the egg off my face.