WO95/2234

112th Brigade, Royal Field Artllery

1st September 1915 to 3rd October 1915

1st June 1917 to 15th June 1917

Will gladly give details.

Ronnie.

• 2 years later...

Hi Ronnie,

I have just found my great grandfathers brother, Joseph PECK, via the CWGC website. According to the CWGC he was a serjeant serving with 'D' battery 112th brigade Royal Field Artillery and his regimental number was 17089.

According to his medal card he joined on 25th Sept 1915 and died on 27th July 1917. He is buried at the Menin Road South Military Cemetery so I assume he was involved in the 10 days bombardment prior to Passchendaele on 31st July.

Any information from the diary would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jean-Marc

• 12 years later...

Would you by any chance still have a copy of this document ?

I am trying to trace my Grandfathers Identical twin brother Albert Glen 17161 Killed on the 24th March 1918

all I know is that he was shot by a sniper and his body handed over to the Canadians to take care off ( from a family letter)

Kind Regards Joshua

The war diary of 112th Brigade RFA for 24th March 1918 states:  "Brigade retired at 5 pm to take up positions west of Thilloy.. Orders were then received to move to Grevillers. On arriving there Brigade again received orders to move to positions of assembly west of Achiet-le-Petit."  No mention of casualties on that date, but those were chaotic days and Glen could have been separated from the Brigade at the time he was killed.