Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

5th Scottish Rifles 28/10/1916

douglass

Hi all,

looking for Trench map of 28/10/1916 where the 5th Scottish were attacking Hazy and Boritstka trenches. Also wondering if any computer genius out there could place the map onto a modern day image of the area (something like google map?) to see what it looks like today or know the Lat /long so I could at least pin point on the goole maps

much appreciated if anyone can help.

Douglass

Hi Douglass, using the excellent "Linesman" package......I found Boritska trench (spelt differently on the trenchmap) but no Hazy trench marked as far as I can see....

Trench map dated as January 1917..it's the only one that shows the trench you asked for, and alongside there are the co-ordinates which may help you on "Google Earth"

regards

Tom

post-5284-077596600 1280428916.jpg

This portion of map taken from the "Worcestershire Regiment's" site, shows "Hazy trench" where "Frosty res" is on the original trench map I posted.....

Tom

post-5284-022305300 1280430677.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi again,

just out of curiousity what part of Flanders is the trench in?, i fancy renting a cottage nextyear and getting a personal guide to show me the exact spot/areas, was thinking of Ypres but not sure if the area where the trench is will be too far to travel?

any more info would be greatly appreciated

douglass