Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

2nd Lieutenant F.E. Gearing, 15th London Regiment

Ron Morris

I am interested in Frederick Edward Gearing who was a 2nd Lieutenant in the 15th London Regiment when he was listed as wounded in a casualty list dated 27th May, 1917. He ended WW1 as a Captain.

Can anyone tell me what the 15th Londons were up to about that time?

If anyone has any other information about Gearing's service, I would be most grateful for it.

Regards,

Ron.

Hi

F E Gearing achieved the rank of Lieutenant, according to the roll of officers (though the compiler apologises for any errors in rank), in the 2/15th Civil Service Rifles and was sometime officer in the transport section. The battalion was in the Goldies Hill/Tomato Hill sector opposite the Bulgars in Salonica on the date you mention. Working parties, patrols and constant enemy shelling were the order of the day

Regards

Martin

Hi

F E Gearing achieved the rank of Lieutenant, according to the role of officers (though the compiler apologises for any errors in rank), in the 2/15th Civil Service Rifles and was sometime officer in the transport section. The battalion was in the Goldies Hill/Tomato Hill sector opposite the Bulgars in Salonica on the date you mention. Working parties, patrols and constant enemy shelling were the order of the day

Regards

Martin

Martin,

Thanks very much for that information!

It certainly takes me several steps forward and points the way for further research.

Regards,

Ron.