Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Daily Mirror & Veterans

Guest sbull

The most recent issue of the Bulletin refers to an article in the Daily Mirror last February which attempted to list all living Great War veterans. Does anyone know if this is available on line? I could not find it on a search of their website.

Simon Bull

Simon, I cannot help but would be interested to know how many veterans are still alive. I fear the number in France is very small also. Did not the last Gallipoli veteran die recently?

I recall an article in the Daily Mail last year listing all (as far as was known to the journalist) the surviving British veterans.To be honest,(happily)there were more than I expected.

I'm not sure,but there may be a list of surviving US veterans somewhere on the Doughboy Centre website.

Dave.

I think I have a copy of the Daily Mail list somewhere if anyone is interested.

John.

I have a copy of this article, It was in the Daily mail news paper on the 11th November last year. if anyone needs/ wants a copy please feel free to drop me a line. :D

That is a scary thought, so it is fair to say that in maybe 5 years time, perhaps less, there will not be a single man alive in Britain who fought in the Great War.

Incredible.