Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Gravefinder General

chrisharley9

Things are a changing with my life in the last few days. After a year off work I have now landed a new position with my company away from home which started yesterday. This means that whilst I will not be abandoning IFCP my involvement will now be when I can find time which by the looks of things will be in the weekday evenings only. I have now become a commuter (something I have avoided all of my life).

For those who have known what my problems have been having this last year I thank them for their words of kindness & support.

I will still carry out grave enquiries for those that wish to approach me but sorry the same day service is up a certain creek without a paddle.

Diane

only an hour thank goodness but 2 changes of train

Chris

Any help you need for Clare, Tipperary, Waterford, Wexford, Wicklow, Laois, Offaly, Carlow, Kerry and Kilkenny I am happy to help. I get great support and help from all the guys here and am always happy to return the favour. Goodwill is a two way street.

regards.

Tom.

Tom

did I ever send you my Brookwood Spreadsheet? if not could you PM me your e mail please

Chris

Congratulations on the new job Chris!!

Just make sure you use the travel time wisely - an excellent chance to catch up on all your reading, 'ipodding' and even a dongle for a lappy!! My other half has been commuting every day for 21 years, it's only about 15 miles but takes over an hour, as such it has become a way of life - you get used to it!

Best wishes for the new job Chris. Thanks for all your hard work to date but I'm sure you'll be finding many more non-comms when you have time on weekdays. Don't do too much though; pace yourself, especially in the early days of getting used to being back at work

Caryl

Congratulations on the new job Chris!!

Just make sure you use the travel time wisely - an excellent chance to catch up on all your reading, 'ipodding' and even a dongle for a lappy!! My other half has been commuting every day for 21 years, it's only about 15 miles but takes over an hour, as such it has become a way of life - you get used to it!

I don't miss commuting now but did get an incredible amount of reading done. At one time I commuted from Cockfosters to Hammersmith for about a year and got through all 8 volumes of Omans History of the Penninsular War as well as much else!

Best of Luck Chris

Chris.

Best wishes with the new job. Yes, communting is a pain but if you ignore those freebie papers you can get a lot of proper reading in.

Neil

Whilst it is not good news that you can't reply within an instant, that is far outweighed by the fact that you are now back in gainful employment.

Many congratulations....pleased for you.

Bruce

Good luck Chris and thanks for all your help with Lewisham to date.

At least it's not by car, like some of us.

Phil

Thanks everyone for your kind comments; got a stack of books to read so the travelling is good opportunity to get them read

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear you have been promoted at work. It couldn't have happened to a nicer person. YOU have my utmost respect and sincere thanks for all your excellent efforts over the past few years. You have always been one of the good guys...

I wish you well Chris

Neil