Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

True stories of the great war

Skipman

Thanks. They look interesting and I've noticed that they can be downloaded to a Kindle (that Amazon thingy book reader)

I'd love one and must put it on a request list as a present for that season I darent mention. Has anyone tried downloading these or any other online free book to a Kindle?

I love real, actual, hard copy books, especially old ones but the thought of being able to carry around so many books on one small device is very appealing

Caryl

• 5 years later...

I came across one of these recently.

Full title: True Stories of the Great War; tales of adventure--heroic deeds--exploits told by the soldiers, officers, nurses, diplomats, eye witnesses, collected ... from official and authoritative sources .. Editor in Chief Francis Trevelyan Miller 1917

Cheers

Maureen

Thanks. They look interesting and I've noticed that they can be downloaded to a Kindle (that Amazon thingy book reader)I'd love one and must put it on a request list as a present for that season I darent mention. Has anyone tried downloading these or any other online free book to a Kindl

e?I love real, actual, hard copy books, especially old ones but the thought of being able to carry around so many books on one small device is very appealingCaryl[/quote

No problems. downloading to a Kindle. Kobos are slightly more complicated as you have to go through an Adobe app. But if you have a tablet just put the Kindle app on it and take it from there.

Cheers Martin B

Thanks. They look interesting and I've noticed that they can be downloaded to a Kindle (that Amazon thingy book reader)I'd love one and must put it on a request list as a present for that season I darent mention. Has anyone tried downloading these or any other online free book to a Kindl

e?I love real, actual, hard copy books, especially old ones but the thought of being able to carry around so many books on one small device is very appealingCaryl[/quote

No problems. downloading to a Kindle. Kobos are slightly more complicated as you have to go through an Adobe app. But if you have a tablet just put the Kindle app on it and take it from there.

Cheers Martin B

Hello Martin

Thanks for your reply - had a notification of it via email. I posted the above over five years ago. I've since had four different kindles and use the app on phone and tablet. Love it to bits, but now have so many books on it/them, including a number of First World War books via archive.org, that I seriously doubt I'm ever going to get around to reading them all before I pop my clogs :)

Caryl

ame="MartinBennitt" post="2362531" timestamp="1454747591"]

Hello Martin

Thanks for your reply. I posted the above over five years ago. I've since had four different kindles and use the app on phone and tablet. Love it to bits, but now have so many books on it/them, including a number of First World War books via archive.org, that I seriously doubt I'm ever going to get around to reading them all before I pop my clogs :)

Caryl

Whoops

Didn't notice your date of posting. It's funny how threads emerge from the woodwork again after years of silence.

Going on holiday soon and will be downloading some stuff myself to take with me.

Cheers Martin B