Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Articles Required

I am the Hon Sec of the Machine Gun Corps Old Comrades' Association (MGC/OCA) and as such am responsible for editing the bi-annual magazine, Emma Gee.

Everyone seems to submit articles relating to the Western Front and I would very much like to deal with the 'forgotten' theatres of war where the MGC fought, Salonika, Archangel, Afghanistan, Iraq and so on.

Would anyone care to submit an article for inclusion in Emma Gee on any of these theatres of war, preferably with some reference to the work done by the MGC?

I don't have a deadline as such, usually, I simply include whatever I have for the next edition, but I would appreciate having item on Salonika by mid June.

(I am also looking for articles relating to Concientious Objectors for June too.)

If you can help, I will be pleased to hear from you.

Thanks,

Judith

Hello Judith.

Nice to see you on the forum!

I am still researching into the armoured car units in Mesopotamia, and also been looking at MGC(M) casualties after 1918 (and there quite a few) in Mesopotamia/Persia.

I will try and get something together when I get my photographs all copied onto digital.

Still stuck on the oil rig in Brasil (on a drillship now) - they do let me off now and then, but it slows up researching a bit!

David.