Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
Stephen White

My First Download

Stephen White

Since i joined the forum one of the people i have been looking for is Samuel Coulson of the 7th Dragoon Guards.I could never find anything on him and every search on i did on the MIC's came up blank.However thanks to some legwork by my Dad,the reason i couldn't find Sam was because that's his middle name,his first name is actually Jesse !!.

Today i went on line and found his MIC and paid my £3.50 and downloaded my first MIC.

Just a couple of questions concerning it,i wonder if someone can answer for me.When i did the initial search there were two Jesse Coulson's listed,both with the same service number and in the 7th Dragoon Guards.Does this mean he has two MIC's ?? and why would this be ??.

Secondly on the card itself next to Victory is a x* and next to the initial S there is a *,what do these marks mean ??

Any help very much appreciated.

Stephen White :unsure:

post-31-1085327804.jpg

Annette Burgoyne

Hi Steven

I am no expert on M.I.C. but I would say that he appears twice because he is on two medal rolls, the 14 Star and the Victory/British medal roll.

Annette

Guest Ian Bowbrick

What is more interesting are the stars on the MIC. What they mean is that his 14 Star has the name 'J Coulson' on the back and The BWM/Victory medals have the name 'J S Coulson' on the rim.

Stephen White
What is more interesting are the stars on the MIC. What they mean is that his 14 Star has the name 'J Coulson' on the back and The BWM/Victory medals have the name 'J S Coulson' on the rim.

Ian

Thank you for that,it's helped me to understand these things (MIC's) a little better.

Annette

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Cheer's

Stephen :D

GrandsonMichael

Ian you are a star!

At last the mystery of my grandfather's two medalcards has been resolved, same thing. Star medal C. Gambles and the others C.F. Gambles. In his case someone cross referenced them by writing at the top of the medalcards.

I thank you sir... :lol:

The grateful Michael