Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

British Regiments at Gallipoli

nemesis

Can anyone recommend this book, British Regiments at Gallipoli by Westlake , its always a dilema whether to buy a book or not.

thanks

m

What are you looking for?

This book by Ray Westlake sets out the day to day whereabouts of the British Units (essentially infantry battalions) at Gallipoli. It performs this really well, but does not give in depth detail. If you want an account of the campaign look elsewhere, but for a reference on the units, dates and whereabouts it is second to none.

I agree. If you're looking for a book for reference or research then it's superb. As Martin has mentioned, it depends what type of book you are looking for.

Neil

For research, and since we can't all get to Kew, then it is indispensible for knowing the movements of the various British regiments during the campaign. NB it is Army only, and does not include details of the Royal Naval Division

Even with that caveat though, it's worth every penny

What are you looking for?

This book by Ray Westlake sets out the day to day whereabouts of the British Units (essentially infantry battalions) at Gallipoli. It performs this really well, but does not give in depth detail. If you want an account of the campaign look elsewhere, but for a reference on the units, dates and whereabouts it is second to none.

Thanks it was the whereabouts of the units I was looking for

Many thanks to all who replied to this question. I will buy the book ,If anyone has a spare copy they want to sell let me know please

regards

m