Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

very Unusual French Croix de Guerre

ForeignGong

According to the seller this is the 'Rarest version covered in genuine synthetic Diamonds'.

"Rarest version covered in genuine synthetic Diamonds, the Palm leaf is Gold Plated with imbedded Diamonds. The cross is the original that was awarded, then altered by a French Jeweler, privately made by the recipient at great costs, all the Diamonds are professionally fitted."

NOT a RARE version at all, as this is unofficial and never sanctioned alteration to a cross issued by the French Government.

This ebay user :rolleyes: has a "history" of offering "RARE" as in dodgy, never before seen, combos of groups and awards,

with all the usual claims, avoid like the plauge.

Connaught Stranger

I liked the genuine synthetic Diamonds bit as well. Just thought I would bring it to your attention, because this could have been modified at any time in the last 90 years.

Peter

Given the comparatively modest status of the medal, it's a bit like diamond-studding a £50 watch or installing a £5000 sound system in a car worth £500. Hard to imagine even the most tasteless Marseillais hoodlum commissioning such a mess. Perhaps tricked up for some theatrical purpose?

Given the comparatively modest status of the medal, it's a bit like diamond-studding a £50 watch or installing a £5000 sound system in a car worth £500. Hard to imagine even the most tasteless Marseillais hoodlum commissioning such a mess. Perhaps tricked up for some theatrical purpose?

More liked tricked up for some theatrical purpose of conning some poor ignorant sod out of his money! <_<

Connaught Stranger :innocent:

I think it looks good, I may get some faux diamonds added to my CSM, see if I can't get my picture on the British Medals Forum.

didn't know BLING was in fashion that far back!

oh bling has been around for a while .cb,çmg,dso etc all good examples !!! .MC