Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

'Goodbye Cobber'

Soren

Soren

Thanks for sharing again. I am not quite sure about the hat. At first glance it looked like a helmet, with something on top. Of course as you know, I am a real expert!!!! :rolleyes::lol:

Roger

Well it would have been a helmet at this time, always a bit of a battle with the slouch hats and me, and horses, elephants and monkeys

Soren -

What a dramatic image! It's simple, powerful and evokes emotion without being maudlin. If you have no objections, I may sculpt a couple of 1/16th scale figures using the same poses. Would that be OK? I have a large project on the bench now, but I think this would be next up - only if you agree.

All the best,

Dan

Soren -

What a dramatic image! It's simple, powerful and evokes emotion without being maudlin. If you have no objections, I may sculpt a couple of 1/16th scale figures using the same poses. Would that be OK? I have a large project on the bench now, but I think this would be next up - only if you agree.

All the best,

Dan

Hey Dan. Post a picture when it is done. Would love to see it!

Roger

Soren - An honor? :rolleyes: Probably you should reserve any comment like that until you see the final product, eh? ;) I'll definitely give it my best. As I said, I already have a big project on the bench, so it's going to be a long wait.

And I meant what I said about it being a great little scene. It's so simple, yet says so much. I hope I can do it justice.

Roger - I shall do that, sir!

All the best,

Dan

Soren,

Your pictures are amazing! As I said in another post, this is my first time in this part of the forum - what talent!

Mum and I are going to be at the last post ceremony in October this year. Mum is going to be laying a wreath for an ancestor who's name is on the Menin Gate, so we will definitely have to come and see you!

Do you do commissions?

Liesl

:o I can't possibly answer that!

Soren,

Your pictures are amazing! As I said in another post, this is my first time in this part of the forum - what talent!

Mum and I are going to be at the last post ceremony in October this year. Mum is going to be laying a wreath for an ancestor who's name is on the Menin Gate, so we will definitely have to come and see you!

Do you do commissions?

Liesl

What name is the ancestor out of interest? and which regiment

:o I can't possibly answer that!

But I think I can - yes he does! ;) !

Roger

What a dramatic image! It's simple, powerful and evokes emotion without being maudlin....

Soren,

How better expressed than by Dan, what else can I say .....safely home

best regards

Judy

Soren,

Do you do commissions?

Liesl

Soren,

Our ancestor is Pte Hilton Griffiths - died on the 7/6/1917 which I believe was the first day of the battle of Messines?, aged 18 or 19. 45th Battalion.

• 2 weeks later...