Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Oxs & Bucks LI & ASC Medal Groups

greatbeanbags

I collect in a small way & have been fortunate in acquiring a significant group of medals, cap badges etc. etc. for a Private in the Oxs & Bucks Light infantry & a Driver in the ASC.

Both sets of medals & memorabilia have been fully researched (there is now much known about the recipients & still much more to discover through contacts with various Archivists who are still searching for info for me). I have even tried to find living relatives of the recipients to return them if wanted. Sadly, I have to now find new homes for these medal sets & would rather they went to a genuine collector who will continue their journey & hopefully keep them together.

If any reader wishes to know more send me a PM & I would be delighted to discuss the medal sets & forward full details.

Clive

Hi

I would suggest an internet auction & let every one on this forum know by way of this topic & that way you get the best value for them & every one has a chance of being the next custodian of them.

This is only my opinion some one else may have another.

Peter

Thanks for your helpful idea Peter.

Several interested GWF members have been in touch already & if none of them take the opportunity to be custodians I will do as you say. I am not looking to sell these items for substantial profit as I would rather they go to someone who will continue the research & add to the stories of the 2 recipients. I have had much enjoyment so far from my research efforts & will be passing all my contact details on.

Interestingly, I have medal groups for my & my wife's grandfathers which we have fully researched but would never part with as now framed with images & MIC's.

Clive

• 1 year later...

Decided that I should ensure that Pte. 3324 Henry Hutchins, Oxs & Bucks Light Infantry & DVR T3-024804 John Williams, ASC are always remembered.......their memorabilia now suitably displayed for hanging in my 'old soldiers' gallery at home. thumbsup.png

post-51610-0-59287400-1303392049.jpg

post-51610-0-02036300-1303392328.jpg