Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

War Diaries - Available Free UPDATED 1st July 2012

jainvince

Hi, I am hoping someone might have the diaries for the 80th Field Company Royal Engineers. Trying to find info for James "Roy" Ogilvie Second Lieutenant who died 22nd August 1918.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Ian Ogilvie

• 2 months later...

I have 149th Brigade 50th Division War diary for Jan-April 1918.

You are welcome to add this diary which I have transcribed: 101st Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps from its creation 3rd November 1915 to its end 19th May 1919. I can search it if required.

John (talismanic)

John

I apologise if I've asked before, but have you a list of doctors in this Fd Amb? I'm researching 100 of them for my book KITCHENER'S 100, surnames as per my website www.australiandoctorsww1.com

thank you and

regards

Lina

I have now updated the Master List (as at 15 August 2014)and am ready to circulate to all on the circulation list. I have entered those WDs emailed to me and those recently listed on this forum. If amy member has a diary which could be included then either list in the forum or PM and I will include it on what is becoming a very extensive list. If you would like to be included on the circulation then please let me know and you will receive the latest version hopefully this weekend.

Bernard

I have this evening circulated the updated Master List of War Diaries which is now on 6 Distribution Lists. If you haven't received a copy then please let me know by email of PM your email address and I will send you a copy.

Bernard

Thanks Graeme and also thanks to all who have diaries on the list.

I have had rejection emails from around half a dozen members who normally receive the list.

If you haven't received your copy yet then please PM me you email address or reserve email address and I will keep trying to get it to you. Pity the few who get it twice.

Bernard

• 2 weeks later...

I have now updated the Master List (as at 15 August 2014)and am ready to circulate to all on the circulation list. I have entered those WDs emailed to me and those recently listed on this forum. If amy member has a diary which could be included then either list in the forum or PM and I will include it on what is becoming a very extensive list. If you would like to be included on the circulation then please let me know and you will receive the latest version hopefully this weekend.

Bernard

Hi Bernard, would very much like to be on the circulation list please. Thanks. Am hoping to have access to several Canadian WD's via relatives over there and maybe 1 or 2 NZ ones now that I'm based here

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bernard

I have the diaries for the 2/4th and 5th Battalions Royal Berkshire Regiment.. if you don't already have them.

I would very much like a copy of the master list please

regards

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am seeking the war diary of the 125th Company of the Army Ordnance Corps diary from 1914-1917. I've been quoted 'over £500' for the AOC War Diary from Kew. Can anyone suggest how I can track down where the 125th Company was sent during the war?

Graeme :

Sorry for the delay... just checked in !!!! ....thanks for that information...... sorry to be a pain but that diary only shows up to Feb, 1918 and I'm really after March / April 1918 .. I know 16th Battalion was split up / re-attached etc., in early 1918 but if you can point me in the right direction I'd much appreciate it ... I also know my relation was in 12th Entrenching Battalion attached to 7th Royal West Kents on the specific day 4th Apr ... should I search there ???

Thanks again and regards EWMCG

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a copy of the war diary for L Battery R H A particarly 1914? Thanks Colin

Colin,

The L Battery War Diaries are available for download from http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C7351435, at a cost of £3.30. They cover the period 1914 Aug. - Oct.

Mark

Thanks Mark, I had looked at the N A and thought they hadn,t been digitised , very grateful for the link and just ordered them,

Regards Colin

• 1 month later...

I am planning to re-issue the War Diary Master List over the New Year. If any member has a diary he is prepared to include on the Master List then please post on the forum and I will include it on the list.

If any member wants a copy of the list then please PM me their email address. Please note that if you have already received a copy of the list then you will automatically be sent the revised version.

Bernard

Since my last submission I have downloaded the following from the NA:

10 Battalion Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry (Pioneers) All years in France

5 Infantry Brigade Headquarters.March 1st 1917 to September 30th 1918

24 Battalion Welsh Regiment -1918 in France

25 Battalion Royal Welsh Fusiliers -1918 in France

10 Battalion King's Shropshire Light Infantry -1918 in France

231 Brigade HQ -1918 in France

• 3 weeks later...

This evening I have circulated the latest version of the War Diary Master List. ~If you haven't received a copy please email or PM me.

If you want adding to the distribution list then please pm me your email address.

Bernard

Although the latest version was sent out just the other day, further requests for the list plus some recent additions as well as a problem faced by one recipient, I have revised and re-issued the Master list to all recipients.

If anyone has a problem then please PM or email me.

Bernard

Thanks Bernard.

My copy arrived via email.

Tom.