Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

War Diaries - Available Free UPDATED 1st July 2012

jainvince

I can't access the 'cloud'. It tells me that the file doesn't exist or is not available.

Does anyone have access to the War Diary of the 1/5th King's Own, Royal Lancaster Regiment up to MAy, 1915, please? I can't find it for download on the National Archives site, or I would purchase it.

Thanks,

Ken

This is the message I am getting at Mediafire:

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance

Just checked the link in the 'Pinned' thread (http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=181974) and that works.

Mark

• 3 months later...

Hi

The method using 'The Cloud' was meant to be a suitable system which got over the problems faced in posting the list on the website following the upgrade. At first it was a very satisfactory method but it isn't any longer to be as the working link appears to drop out after a month an work committments etc mean it isn't alway easy to keep resetting.

I am therefore having to return to the earlier method of sending out the 3 spreadsheets to any member who wants a copy. A shame I know as a few hundred downloaded from 'The Cloud'

If you want a copy of the following three spreadsheets just PM me:

War Diary Master List

War Diaries available from the National Archive

Royal West Kent

Bernard

• 6 months later...

This post lists the War Dairies available from Forum Members and from various websites. Due to recent changes all War Diaries are now available on a downloadable spreadsheet from the hosting site MediaFire Express:

http://www.mediafire...bpm1tned4icovrr

The above download includes the Canadian War Diaries (which are still listed on Post 127) and the Australian and NZ (which are listed on post 233). At the moment these posts are being edited as changes are minimal.

Members may also find this post of value when searching elsewhere for War Diaries: http://1914-1918.inv...pic=143682&st=0

Bernard

Bernard I get an error message whenever I try to access your link to war diaries

Pete2505 wrote: "Would you know if there is a diary on the 1st siege battery ? Any info would be nice up to 27th sept 1917 thank you"

The war diary of 1st Siege Battery is only available for the period August 1914 to December 1916, but it is 291 pages long and therefore rather difficult to summarize.

This post lists the War Dairies available from Forum Members and from various websites. Due to recent changes all War Diaries are now available on a downloadable spreadsheet from the hosting site MediaFire Express:

http://www.mediafire...bpm1tned4icovrr

The above download includes the Canadian War Diaries (which are still listed on Post 127) and the Australian and NZ (which are listed on post 233). At the moment these posts are being edited as changes are minimal.

Members may also find this post of value when searching elsewhere for War Diaries: http://1914-1918.inv...pic=143682&st=0

Bernard

I've tried to access this link for the diaries but it bombs out every time... am I doing something wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Updated spreadsheet now available. copies have already been sent out but if you haven't received the latest version or would like a copy then please PM me you email address and I will send it soon.

Bernard

Bernard

Thank you very much for your ongoing work on this list. Latest one received!

Roger

Bernard,

PM set. Many thanks for your time and effort.

All the best,

Ant

Bernard,

Many, Many Thanks! for the updated spreadsheet. JIM

Many thanks Bernard. Much appreciated.

All PMs for copies of the spreadsheet have now been replied to. If you haven't had a reply then please let me know.Bernard

Hi,

I have sent a PM, but have had no reply.

Got mine. Thank you Bernard. No doubt will be sending a few PMs in the near future.

Bernard.

Received War Diary list, many thanks and your good work in compiling this list is much appreciated.

W.J.Caughey.

Hi Bernard.

I had trouble with the file when it went to the cloud (due to operating system).

Now I have firefox as browser would like to try again please.

Brilliant work.

Sandy

Sandy

Tried to PM me but your inbox appears full. Please PM me your email address and I will send you a copy as the cloud based version no longer works. It proved rather difficult to keep available.

Bernard

You are welcome to add this diary which I have transcribed: 101st Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps from its creation 3rd November 1915 to its end 19th May 1919. I can search it if required.

John (talismanic)

John I have 100 doctors I'm writing about. Rather than you troll thru and look them up is it possible for you to send me a transcript of the diary please?

thanks!!!!

Hi Bernard.

Sorry you seem to be having problems contacting me.

I will send my e-mail address in a moment.

Thanks.

Sandy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updating the Master List

I manage to keep the list uptodate but I know some members mentioned they had diaries which were not listed. Any chance of them being listed or advised to me, please, as I will then do a complete update and circulate to all those who have a copy of the Master List?

Bernard