Skipman

Michelin books online

Cheers mike

G'day Mike thanks for the link it will prove to be very handy

Regards

Pop.

(Sean McManus)

Its not fair that you post these links!

My family will not see me for the rest of the Easter Holidays!

:lol:

Good news and bad news egbert, the Vosges book is there, but it is in French, and I can't see any images. Perhaps you have to register? ( not sure why no images )

Cheers Mike

Mike, indeed the Vosges/Alsace Michelins are scanned w/o the images. What a shame as no whatsoever copyrights would have been hurt at all :angry2:

Its not fair that you post these links!

My family will not see me for the rest of the Easter Holidays!

Oh dude,

I was going to post a reply about four hours ago, but got a bit side tracked - looking at the link.

They will come in very handy.

Cheers Andy.

Mike, indeed the Vosges/Alsace Michelins are scanned w/o the images. What a shame as no whatsoever copyrights would have been hurt at all :angry2:

But Egbert - I sent you the entire Vosges books on CD last August. I scanned them myself. The pictures were included in my scans.

Gwyn

( not sure why no images )

According to the source field, the original image scan of these books was in Google Books and it is no longer there (at least, the links are dead and I can't find them on a search in Google Books). Those original Google images have been archived by the Internet Archive Text Archive. They didn't do the scanning. I suspect that the lack of photos may be because the quality depends on who did the original scanning for Google and the conditions which were applied at the time.

Looking at it in 'full text' version, it's dreadful. There are hundreds of OCR mistakes.

If you want to highlight problems to Google Books, or request that they load this pair of books complete with photos, there is a feedback link at the bottom of the .pdf version.

Gwyn

But Egbert - I sent you the entire Vosges books on CD last August. I scanned them myself. The pictures were included in my scans.

Gwyn

Of course Gwyn, I keep them in good storage and view them often. Thank you again for the Vosges Michelins. But I was wondering here why only the Vosges Michelins are w/o images wheras the other Michelins display all the images. Very strange indeed.

Thanks, this is very useful! I have an old orginal Michelin guide for Rheims, good to be able to read the others

(egbert will you please lose that avatar, gives me the creeps. It's like some kind of flea! :o I can't bear to read threads with you in it!)

Caryl