Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Guess the cemetery

Chris_Baker

Let's start with one of moderate difficulty. Having said that I have now doomed this thread to end on Post #2.

Guess the cemetery.

post-1-1269932595.jpg

Wherever it is, it's a credit to those who look after it.

Andy

Le Touret British Cemetary

Simon

From the widely spaced graves and the proximity of a road, I can understand that guess. But no. How about that large cemetery across the road? There's only a farm and noisy geese at Le Touret.

Ah, so Chris is it two cemeteries then?

Because if it is I've still got nothing! :P

Cheers Andy.

It is in the salient, but never more than three or four miles from the firing line and sometimes a lot closer than that.

How about La Brique Nos 1 & 2? I really should be working rather than looking at this.....

Give that man a cigar! I am standing in La Brique Military Cemetery No 1, looking across the road to La Brique Military Cemetery No 2.

Shall I post another? Give me a few minutes.

Ok, here we go. This should be pretty easy unless you only ever go to the Somme or Ypres. My car got stuck in the muddy lane running outside this cemetery once. No one was about to help, and I only got going by the good luck of finding a large rag in the field, which I put under a wheel to give me some traction.

post-1-1269946668.jpg

One of my favourites - Fifteen Ravine British Cemetery, Villers-Plouich

I recall that the Cross of Sacrifice was destroyed by a lighning strike some years ago. Pic taken on a sunny day.

cheers

post-16428-1269948332.jpg

while going to belle vue cemetery in briastra to take a photo of a grave of a friends uncle who out of a matter of interest worked as a keeper at belle vue zoo we stumbled on this cemetery its called st aubert british cemetery which is east of cambrai great thred chris keep it going michael